She re-posts a lot of nutty stuff without any indication which things she supports at times, but Mamie Van Doren, 85, has one helluva interesting Facebook page. Yesterday, she posted this manipulation that puts her (that's how she looks now) alongside her old pal and rival sex siren Marilyn Monroe (that's how she looked then) on the beach.
33 posts categorized "MARILYN MONROE"
What some other great dames were doing at 58:
I'm a fan of Wayne Hollowell's fan-powered, often ghastly, always evocative celeb portraits, and he's outdone himself with his macabre “Death Becomes You” series. Above is Jayne Mansfield's final spin. Click here for Sharon Tate, Princess Diana, Marilyn Monroe, Edith Piaf, Judy Garland, Natalie Wood, Bobbi Kristina Brown and Anna Nicole Smith.
Today would've been Marilyn Monroe's 90th birthday. Here are my guesses are 90 things we would've seen her do had we been lucky enough to have her this long:
(1) Gives tearful press conference about surviving overdose: “I guess I'm a bad role model, but I promise I'm trying to be a good person.”
(2) Completes Something's Got to Give, garnering raves for her comic timing and eye-popping skinny-dipping appearance
(3) Bombs in What a Way to Go! the following year
(4) Pays the rent with an internationally produced horror flick opposite Ray Milland, Clu Gulager and Michele Lee
(5) Takes an apartment in New York, living as bicoastally as her income allows
(6) Sits for Andy Warhol
(7) Attempts suicide over RFK's assassination
(8) Receives extensive therapy that leads to enough insight to help her bounce back from serious mental issues
(9) Sues Bert Stern for releasing images from an old shoot she never liked
(10) Poses for Blackglama then demands the image not be used: “They made me look old. I work too hard to look young to look old.”
(11) Garners an Oscar nomination for playing a drug-addicted prostitute
(12) Tours Vietnam with Bob Hope
(13) Publicly criticizes Jane Fonda
(14) Marries and divorces a gay fan/producer
(15) Gets arrested for having pot in her purse while traveling in Europe; beats the rap
(16) Says Linda Lovelace seems to be “the only woman in pictures who got more screwed than I did.”
(17) Makes a slightly jittery, shy appearance at Town Hall in NYC, where she implies she aborted RFK's baby
(18) Gives a New York Times interview about her various addictions
(19) Takes up painting
(20) Survives a vicious mugging
(21) Brings attention to the play The Boys in the Band by attending multiple performances
(22) Makea her Broadway debut in the '70s to wildly mixed reviews
(23) Gains an unwanted reputation as an anti-feminist after sparring with Gloria Steinem at an art opening
(24) Begins series of lawsuits over hijacking of her image by various international businesses
(25) Wins an Emmy for playing a murderess with multiple male and female personalities on Columbo
(26) Makes a hit-and-miss appearance on The Carol Burnett Show
(27) Gives the greatest interview in the history of The Merv Griffin Show
(28) Directs a modest feature film, garnering mixed reviews
(29) Gets (more) plastic surgery
(30) Becomes the first woman of 50 to pose nude for Playboy
Marilyn Monroe would have been 90 today—let that sink in, how she'd look, what she'd be doing. Other stars who alive and 90+.
Journalist who covered Trump for 40 years explains what makes Trump Trump: “I know of no black person who has ever played a significant role in his business.”
Trump U coached students on how to “cash in on” housing crisis. How could any Bernie booster switch to Trump in the general? Stupidity/lack of an ethical base.
Jesus, if Kate Beckinsale isn't too pretty, then how would you describe Michael Bay? Not much of an asshole?
Via Towleroad: Netflix Brazil celebrates Gay Pride with a touching vid:
Video still via Snickers
I'm not a fan of commercials that use dead stars to hawk products, but as far as those things go, this one is pretty clever. Keep reading for the full ad, which features a highly unlikely stand-in for Miss Monroe ...
Check out Bob Deutsch's amazing shots of celebrities if you're in his neighborhood in Florida—his stuff was captured when he was a star-crazy gay kid, and he wound up getting posed shots of Streisand, Burnett, Garland and many, many more.
I think you can tell a lot about a photographer from the expression of a subject in a candid photo, and his subjects always glow.
Bob spoke with SFGN of his Marilyn Monroe encounter:
He collected autographs from many of the stars, but it was an encounter with Marilyn Monroe at Madison Square Garden that would send him on a career as a celebrity photographer. Monroe was attending a 1962 salute to President John Kennedy and Deutsch spotted her getting out of her limousine, but she declined to sign his autograph book. That’s when he “went out and got a camera.”
Bob was a staple at Studio 54 as a by-then pro shooter. He remembers:
It was such a great rush to walk past all those people (waiting) in the line to get in. But, I guarantee you, I didn’t have as a good a time as the people who were dancing.
Check out his work, which spans from the early '60s through 1983.
HORROR: ISIL tosses boy from roof for being gay—because he was raped.
Armed militia takes over part of federal refuge in Oregon. (But it's okay; they're white.)
Hillary Clinton says SA wasn't smart to go through with executions.
San Diego cops shoot, kill gay man in domestic dispute.
PrEP and HIV-drug resistance studied.
Chris Brown & latest accuser get into ugly battle.
Comic: Cosby accusations = anti-black conspiracy.
Disney prince-tastic Logan Paul.
Sanders objects to Trump bringing up Bill's sex life.
Rare color pics of the making-of Some Like It Hot.
Céline Dion sings the FUCK out of Adele's “Hello.”
Kylie Minogue camps it up with “Off with His Shirt.”
Amber Rose appreciates men who treat women well. (???)
First pic (sorta) of Saint West.
Top 5 celeb peen moments of '15. (Work Unfriendly)