In a nutshell:
(1) COVID-19 is 10 times more lethal than seasonal flu. IT'S NOT THE FLU.
(2) COVID-19 has a small degree of aerosol capability (to hang in the air), but is mostly transmitted via droplets sneezed or coughed into the air, touched/encountered immediately.
(3) This virus can live on inanimate objects for variable periods of time, especially on metal and plastic. It's less viable on cloth. Wipe things down, including your credit card.
(4) Most respiratory viruses do better in cold, dry weather than in hot, moist weather. We do not know if that is the case with COVID-19, but Fauci hopes summer will help.
(5) Face masks are not useless. If face masks were in abundance, it would be a good idea to wear them as it gives perhaps 50% prevention, but they're not. Re-use of N95 masks is a real problem.
(6) We don't know the number of cases in the U.S. due to lack of testing, but Fauci thinks asymptomatic cases are more rare than people worry.
(7) There is no cure or vaccine. Periodt. There will be no vaccine for a year or a year and a half, and there are no drugs that are known to ward off the virus. Vitamin C and D are good to take in general for general health, but not necessarily directly effective vs. the virus.
(8) “More men are ... getting in trouble than women.” No ideas why, other than it could be that men have more underlying conditions.
(9) No evidence that any anti-inflammatory makes COVID-19 worse.
(10) No real way to know when the U.S. will be back to normal, especially due to our giant size. “Several weeks” before things begin to turn around.