ABOVE: Steve Grand is probably going to miss out on a lot of his live gigs, so consider supporting his underwear brand here.
WOW REPORT: Soju's “BANG!” is out now on all streaming platforms, and it's got great taste in cover-art inspirations.
LONDON CALLING LUV (WORK UNFRIENDLY): If you like jockstraps, but also like leather, this is the spot for you.
KENNETH IN THE (212): Gay mags are unlikely to run out of shirtless cover pics during the lock-down.
TOWLEROAD: Nope, gay guys can't donate blood plasma for sick COVID-19 patients, because ... ick, they're gayyyy.
NBC NEWS: Trump isn't even bashful about his corruption and petty abuse of power anymore — the Navy sacked Capt. Brett Crozier, the commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, the man who had publicly raised the alarm about a COVID-19 outbreak aboard. Instead of being commended for protecting his men and women, he was dumped. The decree seems to be: No news is bad news!
MADONNA.COM: Madonna is joining the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation effort to find a drug to prevent or treat COVID-19. Her full statement:
I’m joining the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation effort to find a drug that will prevent or treat COVID-19. We need this to protect our health workers, the most vulnerable, and all of our friends and families.
I’m talking about this: I am so impressed by the work of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator’s urgent efforts to find new or existing drugs that could effectively prevent or treat the disease. Harnessing the strength and knowledge of the research community, the Accelerator’s critical scientific progress will inform how we end this pandemic and prevent future impact from the virus. I send enormous gratitude and strength to the courageous first responders, medical professionals and scientists who are protecting our communities, those suffering and our most vulnerable.
More info on the Foundation's work here.
HUFF POST: Fauci doesn't understand why the whole country isn't under a stay-at-home order: “We really should be.”
TRUE CRIME DAILY: A Texas man who stabbed most of an Asian family inside a Sam's Club — to prevent them from spreading COVID-19 — could be charged by the FBI with a hate crime. Could be?
GR8ERDAYS: Recording great Bill Withers, who gave us the anthemic “Lean on Me,” “Ain't No Sunshine” and “Lovely Day,” among many others, died March 30 in L.A. of heart complications. He was 81.
CNN: Jane Fonda joins TikTok to recreate her famous workouts, all to continue her climate-change protests.
TFF: The Tribeca Film Festival had been slated for April, but will continue on — virtually:
The Tribeca Film Festival will have select programming from the 19th edition, that will be presented online during the period when the main festival was scheduled to take place, April 15-26, 2020.
While the dates for the main festival are to be announced, Tribeca continues to support filmmakers and creators that embody the Festival’s innovative spirit. Since its inception, Tribeca has explored different forms of storytelling and ways to connect with audiences. This online program is the latest iteration of that commitment. Now, more than ever, audiences are looking for great stories and entertainment.
Outlined below is the programming:
- Tribeca Immersive’s Cinema360 – publicly available, consumer-focused and accessible on Oculus TV, Oculus Go and Oculus Quest starting April 17. Tribeca is one of the first and only festivals to introduce this curated immersive experience to consumers.
- Jury and Art Awards – winners for all categories, including Tribeca X, will be announced via tribecafilm.com within the window of the original festival dates Among the creative community joining the jury this year are: Danny Boyle, Aparna Nancherla, Regina Hall, Yance Ford, Lucas Hedges, Pamela Adlon, Marti Noxon, Asia Kate Dillon and Sheila Nevins.
- N.O.W. Creators Market – private industry-only online market that brings together storytellers to pitch new projects to a wide-range of industry executives
- Industry Extranet Resource Hub – industry-facing access to select films and programs
- Tribeca X Awards — finalists will be showcased publicly on www.tribecafilm.com as of Friday, April 3.
BOSGUY: João's IG is a good quarantine temptation: